Vacancy - Admin Assistant
POST TITLE: Administration Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Clerk to the Council
HOURS OF WORK: 24 hours per week. 3 days Tuesday to Thursday. Office based with some additional evening and occasional weekend work
SALARY: Scale LC1 (SCP 23-25) £21,268 - £22,658 pro rata) dependent on experience
HOLIDAY: 22 days per annum (pro rata)
This post offers a challenging work load and the successful candidate will need to have the flexibility to handle a variety of general administration tasks including reception duties and dealing with the general public.
The role is part time with flexible working at 24 hours per week, supporting the Clerk to the Council to provide a wide range of quality services for the local community. The successful candidate will need to occasionally work at weekends for Civic Events and in the evenings for Council Meetings/Events.
• Prepare written correspondence
• Take Minutes at Meetings
• Diary Management and updating the Council’s website and social media accounts
• Reception duties and dealing with the general public
• Support Council committees and community events in the absence of the Clerk
• Highly Computer literate (MS Office Suite, Google docs).
• Experience of Website administration would be an advantage.
• Excellent administrative and typing skills.
• Used to working independently and on their own initiative.
• Well presented and a good communicator.
• Well organised, able to manage conflicting and pressurised deadlines.
• A true team player, who is willing to support colleagues whenever necessary
Closing date Thursday 26th April 2018.
Interviews to take place on 4th May 2018.
For an application form please contact Magor with Undy CC on 01633 882842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. [Please note the office is currently manned part-time]
Or alternatively download the application form here